Monday, January 21, 2013

Review - Devour by Shelly Crane

Devour (Devoured, #1)
Clara has it all. A wrestling star boyfriend, popular friends, all the right school activities...pretty much a perfect life...up until her parents died. Now she lives with the Pastor and his family and though they take good care of her, she feels alone. Then her boyfriend, Tate, starts to show signs of trouble when a new guy, Eli, comes to town. Clara is fascinated with him but hides it until something happens. Eli confesses to her that she gives him something he's never had before...something he needs. Everything is about to change for this normal pretty popular girl in a supernatural way.



I went on goodreads and found this book. The reviews for it were pretty great. So I started to read it. I really liked it in the beginning. Okay I know I'm talking in short broken up sentences, but seriously this book started out great but then it just spiraled downwards. And it was such a major spiral, it was horrible. I nearly died reading this book. No seriously I actually almost did.

Firstly though the first part was pretty good, I thought the first chapter started out really weirdly. I mean come on would you just trust the weird new guy you saw at the park and walk home with him. I mean sure even if he looks amazing. I didn't think so. And lately I've been reading books where the main guy has purple eyes. I actually love the color purple so I was pretty okay with it. But something about Eli and purple just doesn't go you know.

I thought the book was good for the first half although I seriously hated Tate, what a jerk and not in a hot way either. I hate beefy guys. And he was short and beefy and jerky. Ugh, I bet his neck was as thick as my thigh. I think I read that description in a Meg Cabot book, the Mediator Series.

Anyway, back to the book, I really hated Tate and her group of friends. I mean can they be anymore superficial. I mean sure I get the cliques and all that. I mean come on I'm in high school too, although it's never what the books depict them to be. I mean sure high school sucks but not everyone is so ...

I really lost interest once the Hatch and Harold or someone one came in. It was so boring from then. And Tate deserves a good kick to his ... seriously. he is such an annoying bug. And let's not forget Deidre. UGH!!! And come on Enoch... Seriously!!! It's like hosing down an unburned building. It only gets the people inside more annoyed with the sirens or whatever, actually I had no idea what I just said.

I'm not going to continue ranting, it will only give you and me a headache.
So my rating....


Rating : 2 stars



 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good from the synopsis, but probably not something I would normally read though. I have had books that get 5 start reviews, but I barely could give it a 2. Sorry you didn't care for it much. :(

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's how I got roped in too - the synopsis!
      Anyway it isn't worth reading :(
      And glad someone feels bad for me :D

      Delete