Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review- Deity by Jennifer Armentrout

Deity (Covenant, #3)
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...



This book blew my mind. .After finishing this book my mind was literally in tiny fragments, pieces so tiny that even the most skilled could not piece it together.... Okay that was a little dramatic I eventually did piece my mind together.

Okay the previous book - Pure ended pretty abruptly and when it comes to Jennifer the sequel to one book with a major cliffhanger is another book with a mega major cliffhanger. So when you finish this book you will be pretty confused, but not to worry folks that's where Jennifer's kind heart come in. She released a novella called Elixir that clears things up for us.

Okay back to this book. So many things unravel and morph right in front of you it's unbelievable the amount of changes that take place from start to finish is pretty crazy!!! Like tear your hair out CRAZYYYYY!!!!!

The book starts pretty well. Although the first chapter freaks you out a little, it flows in with an aww at every page. You notice tiny things, which your not sure you should be noticing or letting go. And then it slowly starts building and then BAM!!!!!! Something you suspected for a long time comes true and you're like torn between saying I knew it and Whoa this awesome!

Then it gets funny, sad and cute and loving all at the same time and your overwhelmed with emotions but there is still this thing at the back of your mind saying, something big is going to happen and well your at least my instinct is always right. And then it's like carefully constructed chaos that practically jumps and you and yells BOO! I don't know how to phrase this exactly without giving away spoilers but let's just say that you will go mad and I mean MAD if you don't read Elixir and after I read that well... I'll put that in my Elixir review.

Aiden and Seth are both so amazing in this book although I'm Team Aiden, I really hate what happened with Seth! Ugh I can't say anymore. Alex is well Alex although she's become way more funny and kick-ass in this book if that's even possible.

But so many things happen in this book, although it doesn't feel squashed in together or anything but it's just so... overwhelming I mean you seriously need a few minutes to breathe in between chapters because otherwise I swear you are going to end up in the hospital with a panic attack as the reason.

I loved this book to pieces but I am so torn between loving Jennifer for her literary awesomeness and hating her for the way she ended the book. She is like the queen of cliffhangers or something, I mean all her books- the series ones anyway end so weirdly it's like she loves seeing us in pain or something.


 Review - 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. This is one series that from the sounds of this one, I really need to get reading. Great review. So glad you enjoy this..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon- sorry I'm posting this on your blog but I couldn't find an email. I am following your blog, would you mind following me back at the links below?

    I am also emailing you to see if you'd like to review my first novel when it's released in spring/summer 2013! It will be published through the Whitson Group and is a YA paranormal/fiction with a dash of romance. Please let me know if you are interested based on the description below. Thank you!

    http://geminirising1.blogspot.com
    Jessica O'Gorek (GeminiRising1) on Twitter

    Mother Earth, wounded by the human race and its disregard for her resources, will recruit human souls to serve Her and turn against humanity. A rising force festers; Gemini, a clan of paranormal beings will systematically possess and destroy towns, cities, and states. Amidst the chaos, a forbidden relationship between Onyx, a lead Gemini, and Violette, a human, begins. They will both find themselves in the middle of a revolutionary war that will either save, or destroy our world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you check for a reply or something, because I would love to I will try to contact you on your blog :)

      Delete