Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review - Half-blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.


I'm a huge Lux fan, and when I say huge I mean huge, I practically pray everyday for more Daemon, and go to sleep at night wishing I would get Daemon dreams!!! I absolutely love the Lux series, okay let me get to my point because if I start talking about the Lux series, well I could babble on for hours and hours. So because of my love for the Lux series, I didn't really want to read the Half - Blood series, cause I was scared I wouldn't like it as much or something like that. But when I decided to finally give it a try.... Well it literally not figuratively BLEW my mind!!!

I loved the book, though I'm still a hardcore Lux fan, the number 2 book in my all time favorite book list is the Covenant series!!! I love the characters and I loved the story and I need more, way more!
The main protagonist is Alex and she is so strong and  brave and courageous and I could go on and on and awn and awn. She is running from daimons that literally suck the living aether out of a half blood or pure blood. She is saved by Aiden St.Delphi a Sentinal. He is the best Sentinal out there with the patience of God because he is entrusted with training of Alex, in order for her to ....(I don't want to give out many spoilers soo..)

Alex and Aiden train and from the synopsis we know that she has a huge crush on him, unfortunately pure bloods like Aiden are banned, forbidden and out of reach for half - bloods like Alex. She faces the painful ache of many events that eventually lead her to harsh and brutal consequences and require her to use her brain and make smart decisions, which let's just say Alex finds hard to do.

I loved that Alex was such a bad ass and that she wouldn't take crap from anyone. She was great at kicking-butt and I loved when she got all riled up and started fighting. I honestly loved this book, I love Greek myths and all things Grecian ( I plan on taking a classics major in college), so this book was extremely inviting to me and it was not at all like Percy Jackson, if that's what
 you guys were thinking, it was ten - No wait, a bzillion times better. I loved this one character whose name started with S and ended with H, well let's just say he gave *cough cough* Aiden, a run for his money, but in the end I'm Team Aiden all the way, I think I'll get a T-shirt saying that!!!

All those girls out there who loved Katy, for her strong never give up attitude are going to love Alex, because she is a major ass-kicker from the very first page!!!

This book is a must read for Jennifer's fans, now I can't wait for my Pure copy to arrive, but sadly it's going to take one more week!!!

Rating : 5 stars

P.S. I want more followers!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment