Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review - Darkness before Dawn by J.A. London

Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn, #1)
Only sunlight can save us.
We built the wall to keep them out, to keep us safe. But it also makes us prisoners, trapped in what's left of our ravaged city, fearing nightfall.
After the death of my parents, it's up to me--as the newest delegate for humanity--to bargain with our vampire overlord. I thought I was ready. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the monsters. Then again, nothing could have prepared me for Lord Valentine . . . or his son. Maybe not all vampires are killers. Maybe it's safe to let one in.
Only one thing is certain: Even the wall is not enough. A war is coming and we cannot hide forever.




An amazing, interesting and refreshing read, although it did not have me hooked from the very first page, it did manage to rope me in after the first quarter.
The cover looks really pretty but it so totally resembles the Fallen Series, however I liked this book way more than the Fallen series.

The book is about Dawn Montgomery, who is wait for.... the delegate (basically an advocate / agent) who represents the humankind in Denver. She's seventeen and was basically ordered by the Vampire lord, he is oh so powerful, and she didn't really have a choice, it was either become delegate or become his feeding bag and she made the smart choice. She is the chief negotiator who makes sure that the Vampire overlord protects her people and in exchange she makes sure that adequate blood bags *cringe* are supplied or else it's from the neck to the throat * double cringe*. She had to wear Victorian clothes that included corsets and the like when she visited him and had to speak in the old fashioned way, basically she had to behave like a prim and proper young lady. The clothes thing was so annoying and I was waiting for her to grow a spine and stand up for herself which did happen.

One day while she out partying in a forbidden place, she gets cornered by a bunch of rabid vampires who and a sexy guy kicks some serious vampire butt and saves her. While she is busy swooning over Victor (that's his name), and feeling bad about it because she has a boyfriend named Michael who is also super hot, but kind of annoying, she gets called in for another meeting with Lord Valentine.

And guess who was the surprise guest .... it was *gasp* Victor, we were so expecting that, anyway he was not the the sexy vampire kicking bad boy then , he was the polished and proper son of the Lord.
And from then things get interesting and so I don't want to spoil it fro you guys. So all I can say is that I am definitely going to read the second book in fact I'm looking forward to it.


Rating: 3 stars

 

No comments:

Post a Comment