Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Review- Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pure (Covenant, #2)
There is need. And then there is Fate
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude or killing her.
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.



The story starts off with a bang, more like a few kicks and punches and then it pretty much picks off from where it left off. Alex has to deal with the after math of the daimon attacks and she deals with 'vanity' as an instructor puts it. Poor Alex, I felt so bad for her when the stupid instructor - I so totally have a feeling that he is a bad guy, makes fun of her tags in front of everyone. I mean give the girl a break she was so close to being turned and do any of those losers have any idea how much pain she must have been in... Okay okay enough of my ranting. Something I thought Jennifer would never do... she did. And I was just like WTF and I hardly ever swear, I'm such an angel, but Holy Mountain Mama ( Katy totally said that in a book , I forget which one) it was horrible. It was sad and devastating and I can go awn and awn but the truth is no amount of words can ever express the shock of what just happened in the book.

And let's not forget Aiden, I was heart-broken, my heart actually broke in to tiny granules so tiny and disfigured that I thought it could never ever be fixed or least glued back together and I'm pretty sure Alex felt a gazillion times worse. But even when I thought Aiden was too cold, he did a few small things just a few that totally confuses both us and Alex, and being the smart mouth that she is she totally confronts him and ...

Seth ... Oh Seth... I totally love him and although I'm cemented on Team Aiden forever and I mean forevaaaahh, I was totally smitten with Seth. I was bowled over by his charm and wit and what not.
He honestly made Alex happy and the bedroom scenes although totally PG rated, oozed some heat you just couldn't ignore. I loved how protective he was, and he genuinely seemed to care about Alex. And he himself admitted that she might be the first person he cared about since himself, obviously.

God there is this one guy I absolutely hate and I mean I wanna rip his head off with my own teeth kind of hate. That guy is none other than Minister Telly.What a jerk! I hate that bug!!!

The end was well.. it was Jennifer and we all know how she ends her books and let's just say that I can't wait for my Deity copy to arrive. I was actually this close to strangling the woman at Borders. Ugh! Stupid shipping, it takes forever!!! I actually kind of loved the end although taunting and annoying, it was ... nice. Just nice. I loved it and I honestly don't really have any words to explain the end so I'm just going to go with nice.

Hope you guys read Pure and if you did tell me how much you loved it. :D

Rating- 5 stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment