Wednesday, August 14, 2013

ARC Review - Hover By Melissa West


Hover (The Taking, #2)On Earth, seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander was taught to never peek, but if she hopes to survive life on her new planet, Loge, her eyes must never shut. Because Zeus will do anything to save the Ancients from their dying planet, and he has a plan.

Thousands of humans crossed over to Loge after a poisonous neurotoxin released into Earth's atmosphere, nearly killing them. They sought refuge in hopes of finding a new life, but what they became were slaves, built to wage war against their home planet. That is, unless Ari and Jackson can stop them. But on Loge, nothing is as it seems...and no one can be trusted.






I read Gravity earlier this year and I was dying for Hover. I mean the ending was brutal. I turned the page and I was like "Seriously?! That's it? That's how you're ending the book?" I couldn't wait for Hover and I was lucky enough to get an advanced reader copy. And Hover does not disappoint. In fact it's far from it. It is AH-MAZING!!!!!

The book was a never ending puzzle, as soon as I had a light bulb moment,  my sudden discovery seemed unimportant because there was a new problem. It was so annoying in a good way, I wanted to throw my e-reader at times. I just want Jackson and Ari to live happily ever after, why can't you give me that Melissa? WHY?!!

Gravity was action packed and we were just waiting for the big finish. I mean we kind of knew that the big fight was coming and we saw them prepare and we were sort of ready. Whereas Gravity was full of physical action, Hover messed with your mind. Like seriously, I didn't know head from tail. I couldn't sleep till this book was finished, I stayed up till 4 in the morning. And I normally go to sleep by nine, ten is late for me. Zeus, God I just love to hate him. Even though I sort of love his name. He is such a MONSTER. He is just a psycho!!! And I'm not going to get all spoilery but you just don't treat your family that way. It's not how things work.

Ari, was truly the commander's daughter. Daddy's little girl. That's all I can say. If I was in her situation I would have been a mewling, crying mess with snot dripping down my face. But Ari was just so strong. I get that she was raised to be strong. But she was just awesome with all her strategies, plans and fighting. I have a huge girl crush on her. She is truly one of the most kick-butt heroines I've met.

Jackson, is it possible to love someone this much?  He had so many secrets that he was keeping from Ari. At one point in the book I just wanted to draw one of Clary's runes and pick Jackson out of the book and slap him and then obviously kiss, because ... He's JACKSON CASTELLO! I loved the other side of him. The side of him you get to meet in chapter 5 . He is so tough and hot and sweet and hot and kind and hot and did I say HOTT!!!

I'm not going to comment on the state of Ari and Jackson's relationship, but all I can say is the shower scene. Whoa! I am just in shock. I did not expect that AT ALL. It was very steamy. (Get it? Shower... water... steam???)

I've read a lot of books. And most of the books that I read are part of a series. A lot of the books have cliffhangers. But I've not always continued the series. Even if the book had had insane cliffhangers, it's not always enough to keep the reader interested.  That's why I love Melissa West. She is such an amazing story teller. Her writing skills are exceptional and truly awesome!

That being said. It's a good thing I don't live in U.S.A, because I would have hunted you down Melissa! How could you do that to me, I mean us. It was totally brutal and mean. And I'm crying angry tears as I write this. The ending line ?!!!? Come on? It was just not something nice people do! Is there some secret book club for amazing yet evil authors who end their books with the most terrifying cliffhangers? If there is, then Melissa West definitely earned her place there.
 
I absolutely, wholeheartedly loved this book and hope that everyone else does too. It was one of my most favorite reads this year and it's definitely going in my favorite books of 2013 list that I'll be posting towards the end of the year.  I'm counting down the days to the release of Collide, I don't know when it is releasing exactly, except that is coming out in 2014. Please Book Gods, make it release earlier!!! Please!!!!!

Rating : 5 stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment