Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review - Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins



Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?





 I don't think that any review could do justice to the awesomeness that was Sweet Evil. But I did start my post so I have to finish it! This book is awesome!!! And it was one my best reads of 2012 and if you want proof of that you can check it right here: My Favorite Books of 2012.

So now that you know I'm not lying let me tell you why this book and author deserve to be in the Hall of Fame of Books and Authors respectively. Two words :- KAIDAN ROWE. You've probably heard his name making the rounds around Twitter, Goodreads , the World etc. If you think that this is just another one of those overrated books, you are so wrong and stop thinking that ... RIGHT NOW!!!
  

Does that guy look overrated?! He doesn't right, well that's Kaidan or at least the person you're going to visualize when you read the book. And I'm not so focused on looks, I am a firm believer in the saying it's what's on the INSIDE that counts and Kai is well, he is a total bad boy, yup that's right, he is one of those tortured bad boys whom we all love to LOVE!!!

God I didn't even mention the heroine.... Anna Whitt. I love love loooooove Anna or Ann as you now know who likes to call her ;) She is so unbelievably headstrong, it just totally amazed me in the books. She isn't your typical feisty heroine and I loved that. She is a good girl. But what I loved in the book was how Wendy showed us that even the most angelic people will have to battle their demonic side *wink, wink* You will get the full meaning after reading the book. She brings out the best in people and nobody can hate her because she is just so genuinely nice. She is one of those people who give to others even when they don't have enough for themselves, and who could not like people like that.

Anna and Kai are so.... I don't even know what to say because it's making me cry thinking of all the things that happened in the book, the good, the bad and the ugly. But Anna brings out the good in Kaidan and Kai ... well ... he brings out the baaaad in Anna and I mean the best possible bad ever, is there something like that? Well there is now!

I loved all the characters okay not all I kind of hated this one guy whose name starts with S and ends with t. I hated him, he was just a bad person. Wendy writes amazingly, her books are to die for, if you thought Sweet Evil was awesome, then Sweet Peril was awesomely awesomer. Her writing style is just so good, I guess it helps being an English teacher and all. But I loved they way she portrayed every single person on the planet through Anna. If you cancel all the fantasy-paranormal stuff, you just get a girl who is fighting a battle between the good and bad in her self and although your first instinct would be to trample the bad, she shows us that to sometimes reach our full potential we have to embrace the devil in us.

I'm not going to use the old clichéd unless you're living under a rock statement, but I'm pretty sure you all know that the ending is a brutal cliffhanger. I went through an array of emotions in the 8 months waiting period. I used to wait for the 1st of each month so that I could read the teaser that Wendy used to release. But the second book is out, so... you can buy it after you read the first one.

I seriously can't get these lines out of my head.


"Gosh, his eyes were gorgeous - the color of tropical honeymoon waters ringed in dark sapphire and enclosed by thick lashes.
What...? Honeymoon waters? Get a grip!"

“I felt you come alive when we kissed, and I know you’re afraid of that. Afraid to
unleash that other side of yourself. But you needn't worry. I can handle her."



Rating: Do you really have to ask? 5 stars obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment